1

Ready For Your Present? (Originally, this was titled 'Okay, That's It'. Fair Warning.)

Posted by Miz B on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 in
Feliz Navidad, gente del mundo! Va a disfrutar tu nuevo ano?

I actually drafted this (god help me), but I can't seem to come up with something appropriately serious and appropriately festive, so we're down to this: surprise! I know I said I had something to tell you when I got home, but in true American fashion, I got bored (It had nothing to do with the fact that I didn't realize how hard it is to write about your life without including, you know, all of your life).
I'll give you a hint: This tattoo is very pertinent.

Surprised? Well, it's not like it wasn't there, but for about 5 years now I've adopted a sort of 'you ask, I'll answer' mentality, and so far it's (sort of) worked. But after the vanquishment (if that's not a words, I'm declaring it one)of Don't Ask, Don't Tell, I started to really think about what DADT stood for and how fucked-up that shit really was (pardon my Portuguese, but sweet Jebus, people). Eventually, I realized that if you turn my policy into a negative, you pretty much get DADT. If I can't stand the idea that other people should have to live like that, I can't make myself live like that in good faith.
If any of my new friends are reading this, I would like to ask you to politely keep it quiet. Talk to me if you want, but, honestly, I really like it here and my life can be really difficult without more people ostracizing me for being different. It's sad, but Mexico can tend to be a lot less tolerant than other places in the world, and you know that's true.

For the world in general, hi! If you love me, like me, or at least have some cursory human interest in my daily personal happiness, please treat this with the passing acknowledgment (rapidly followed by relative indifference) that is really deserves.

On the other hand, if you want something to wig out about, you can have this:
What's going to happen when my host family finally sees what I've been doing to my hair?

1 Comments


OMG your hair ROCKS

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.