1

Once More With Feeling

Posted by Miz B on Wednesday, December 15, 2010 in , ,
Location: Math Class, Escuela Errasquin, Mina, Ver. Mexico
Sound: 'Eminence Front' - The Who
Climate: Sunny, but cold.

This is going to be kind of a short post since I am, for lack of a better term, posting wirelesly. I also have no spell checker, so bear with me. I just wanted to point out some of the exciting new features of this admittedly blander,yet infinetly more user-friendly blog layout. First of all, we have the lovely thingy that shows the pictures in every post but compresses the post into something a little easier to see. I am still trying to figure out how to avoid that ugly 'no image'icon it puts up, but it's a work in progress. The other pages are no longer hidden in the sidebar,they are now at the top of the page for everyone to see. I would like to take this opportunity to point out the new 'Christmas'tab I put up especially for the holidays. Seriously guys, getting presents is sort of against my religion (I mean that semi-literally, stay tuned!), but the question has been asked of me, and rather than force my poor parents to field questions, I thiught this year I'd take a stab at digitizing the process. The small social networking bar underneath it is semi-functional, too. The Delicious, Facebook, (for some reason Digg), and, God help me, Twitter. I know, I know. I was the last bastion. On the other hand, I alway said I'd never drink alcohol, either, and that one's been out the window for months. The RSS feed button has been malfunctioning rather spectacularly, so I may just link it to the Picasa site until I get a better idea. Speaking of Picasa, I have a sort of ask-the-audience type question: With the added photos from Ruta Maya, I am going to finally fill my limit on the amount of free memomry space Google alots me. My question is this: do I a) shell out the cash for a membership, so I can get more space, or b) start deleting the other photos. Believe it or not, I am actually pretty fond of the first one. If I remember correctly (and I checked. I do.), it's about $5 USD yearly for the use of 20 GB, which is not bad at all. I don't really know how long it would take me to fill that up, but I bet I could stretch it (this is extra-annoying since I have 7 GB I'm not using in my Gmail account, but I can't swap it over. The pros for this are many: it's cheap, I can finally upload all the other pictures I have (no, I have not been neglecting to take pictures, I am just trying to manage the space as best I could. I have about 200+ pictures from everyday life that no-one's ever seen.). I can also upload videos, of which I have several. Another plus, sort of by proxy, is that I can simply dump-upload, putting up entire albums at a time, and sort them out later. This would be a huge plus in the 'make posting photos easier for Bronwyn' catagory, since it would get rid of the 45+ minutes I have to spend on my Picasa browser every time I post, flicking through and highlighting photos one by one and trying to tell how good they are by thumbnails on my tiny freaking screen (seriously, cannot WAIT to get a new Macbook). The only reasons I wouldn't go with option A are that this would be the first time I have actually spent any money on this blog (wince), and that it would be a waste of money if no-one's actually using the photo option. So, reply if you care (or if you don't)! I will be holding off on posting more Ruta Maya pics until I get some feedback, so answer!
The sliding bar with the pictures (which is what attracted me to this silly thing in the first place) is being slightly problomatic. I am trying to work out how to crop the pictures so we don't get anymore of that lovely squishy stuff the photo of the street in Oaxaca is so beautifully demonstrating (that pissed me off. I was really proud of that picture). Other then that, not much to say. I am slowly going through all the back posts and fixing/reformating them so they work better with the new theme, fixing the pictures, checking the links, etc. Sorry things have been so slow of late, but the house is a complete mess right now, and I have been pretty busy when not at school. But Christmas break starts next week, so expect more coherent rambling then. As for now, have a great day! Happy holidays!

1 Comments


$5?? Yes. Just Do It.

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.