0

Rule 149. Don't Let The Ice-Cream Truck Get Away

Posted by Miz B on Friday, March 25, 2011 in , ,
Note: This is the second part of one giant post, and this bit is almost all inane pop-culture jabber. For things of substance, scroll down.

On a less introspective note, you should listen to anything you from Marian Call you can get your hands on. Granted, I only have her half-album Got To Fly, but it's swiftly becoming one of my favorite single albums.
Her title song "Got To Fly" is sort of an introduction to my brain. It's a little creepy. Seriously, if I was anything approaching lyrically talented, I could have written this. But I didn't, so check it out!
Sorry this is set to a BSG montage.

Lyrics can be found here.
Her music is a style I'm not usually a fan of, but since the entire album is written about either BSG or Firefly, you can't go wrong. "Good Old Girl" is about a spaceship (I suppose probably either Serenity or the Galactica, although I kept getting pictures of a certain blue box.). "Vera Flew The Coop" is a very interesting backstory for the name of the favorite gun of a certain person with a very cunning hat. "It's Good To Have Jayne On Your Side" is pretty self explanatory (and hilarious). "In The Black" is a sailor-boy type of song like all the ones from the days of pirates and merchants and great ships, but about someone leaving for the stars. "It Was Good For You Too" is an award-wining song told from the point of Firefly's Saffron. You can actually listen to all these and more here, so I didn't put in individual links.
And, to save the best for last, here is "I'll Still Be A Geek After Nobody Thinks It's Chic" (a.k.a. "Nerd Anthem"), the best nerd anthem I think I've ever heard. Favorite lyrics include 'my superpower is draining fun from parties' and 'I don't mind being underrated and ignored, the world is much to interesting to entertain ennui, and I won't play it cool so I won't ever once be bored'. Enjoy!


Dear god, that TARDIS bit in the middle got WAY out of hand, so I deleted most of it and moved all the links down here. Who knew how much funny stuff you'd get if you type in 'funny tardis'?
Like fake TARDISs (is that a word? TARDISs'? TARDIS's? TARDISES? TARDESI? Hmm. Guess it's a good thing there's only one of 'em, huh?), and guinea pig TARDIS, and Colbert's TARDIS, and
potential disaster TARDIS, and (my personal favorite) Ninja Proof TARDIS. Oh, and a scientific explanation of the Resurrection . And I need this.

Also! I have added a feed of my Twitter, so you can, if you want too, you know, read all the stuff I re-tweet from The Daily Show, Ellen, Simon Pegg and Nathan Fillion. Wee! BTW, if the counter widget isn't working for you're computer...sorry. You're sort of SOL, I recommend using a calculator. Or a calender. It's what I do.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.