0

Insert Life-Changingly Witty And Insightful Post Title Here

Posted by Miz B on Wednesday, March 09, 2011
Well, I guess it's about time we face facts. I have done, let's see, about 4 posts since the beginning of February. This seems to indicate a bit of a problem. I have been trying to dance around this for a long time, but this morning I found myself seriously considering starting another blog to talk about whatever I wanted to talk about, and I realized this was about time to effect a change. I was actually looking forward to getting back home were no-one wants to hear about my daily life, so I could comment on what I wanted. See, I have the same problem with this blog as I do (or rather did) with my journal: it's supposed to be about my life, and I don't really think about my life in that way that much, at least not in situations where I am well-placed to write about it. I do, however, think very deeply and hard on a variety of wacky and unrelated and, frankly, mostly useless topics all the time. I've been trying to keep that habbit off of here (this alone seems to indicate I am failing royally). But sitting down every day, or even every week, to write about things which now, to me at least, are commonplace and everyday when what I really want to talk about is how awesome this looks, is a little to much like work. I find myself putting it off again and again, until before you know it we're hitting the second week of March and hey, I don't have that much time to go here anyway. So, instead of starting a new blog when I can't even handle the first one and damaging the integrity of my 70 something posts (word! Only took me two years, too), I am officially opening up the topic of this site. I tried this on a whim with my journal, and I now rank at a good 5 entries a week (weee!), so I know this isn't completely off base. Basically, I try to write whatever I want for as long as I want, as long as it's about once a day or every couple of days. Oddly, it seems to work backwards, too. In the journal's case, I gave up on writing on the world around my and just wrote whatever, but once you get started you eventually run out of random crap to scribble and end up on...the world around you. Go figure. So, expect a lot more random stuff here, interspersed with stuff from my life. Hopefully my mom and dad will be relieved, cause most of this junk was getting mailed or Skyped at them a couple times a week, and that's just not fair for only 2 people. Let's spread the annoying around! There will be some of this, mixed in with a whole lot more of this and this.
Whew! I set out to say one little thing and end up with 3 paragraphs. Really...baddly spelled paragraphs. Sorry. I'll run it through the English spell-checker when I get home. Pitty that won't fix the grammer.
Speaking of fixing stuff, the side bar is at least visibly functional now (although you should see the code behind it. Yeesh! I probably can't add anything in there ever again). Also, I messed with the comment function so that theoretically anyone should be able to use it, not just Google members. Give it a try! (it's the little speech bubble in the corner of the post). I get a little happy thrill everytime I have to moderate a comment, cause it means this is being read by real people. So, enjoy my mindless dribble, and expect more soon!


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.