1

And Introducing...

Posted by Miz B on Thursday, October 28, 2010 in
I've been considering this idea for a while now, so I thought since I haven't actually forgotten it yet, I should give it a try.
As you may have noticed, I tend to be very opinionated about certain useless things, and I also like to share all the funny stuff I find and that happens to me on a daily basis. At home, that tends to be shared, involuntarily, with whomever I can find first, but here, since I can't really explain things like Buffy the Vampire Slayer in Spanish (and no one would care if I could), it has to be you, dear reader. At the best, it should offer you a sort of peek into my psyche and give you something to look at as well. At the worst, well, at least it should make me put SOMETHING up here once a week.
I originally came up with the idea of posting, in December, a sort of 'Best Of' for the year of 2010. This became a little unfeasible, however, since I could only think of contestants for the myriad of categories I could come up with from the last couple of weeks, which kind of defeats the purpose. Who remembers January in October, anyway? So I thought some more and came up with this: Every week, sometime around Friday (Side note: I would have preferred it be Sunday, but since posting would require that I am 1) in someplace with internet access, and 2) conscious, Sundays are usually out for me) I will be posting a list of the 'Best Ofs' for the past week. This does not mean that all the things are from last week (as in released/occurred during), it means I found them the best of their sort of thing I was exposed to in the last week. So far, categories include (subject to change):
Best Book (will include things that are old, I have read previously, and may repeat depending on the subject and it's relevance to me)
Best Song (again, may repeat depending on my fancy. Also, may not actually be that good, just really catchy)
Best Joke or Funny Moment (may be a nth-way tie most of the time)
Happiest/Best Moment That I Managed To Take A Picture Of
Best Movie (includes films, Youtube, and home-made)
Best Story (thing that happened to me, thing that I heard about, read about, came up with, urban legend, etc)
Best Quote (may be from literature, real life, funny only in or out of context, etc.)
Best Obscure Pop-Culture Reference Not Everyone Is Going To Understand (if you know me, you know why this may also be a nth-way tie most of the time)
Best Dumb Thing (including dumb things that happened to me, dumb things I saw or heard about, and dumb things that happened in the world at large)
Best Random Thing (this is sort of a catch-all for cultural tidbits)
Best Meal (this may not refer to the quality of the food, it may refer to the type of food, the situation, the company, or some other factor)
Best TV Episode (does not necessarily have to be from this week or even this year. May only be picked for one reason, ignoring the overall quality of the episode/show. May not even be very good. May repeat. <- get the joke?)

What do you think? I encourage comments! I am already working on the list for this week (warning: may include stuff I already posted. Deal with it! I will probably add or delete fields as I see fit, too.
So, without further ado, introducing.....Park In The Rear's Pick Of the Week! (friends should get that very old, not very good joke).

1 Comments


Oh B, our dear Park in the Rear...... Oh, and I've been rewatching Dexter. hahaha

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.