0

Painstakingly Typed Before A Live Audience!

Posted by Miz B on Monday, August 23, 2010
I would once again like to let the world know just how awesome this program is, how awesome Mexico is, and how awesome my family here is (especially my mom!). I believe this all the time, but especially right now, because while I'm out here typing, Petrona, god bless her, is in the tiny library/extra closet/used-to-be-the-TV room repairing a rather *ahem* embarrassing rip in my skirt. Once I post pictures of it, you'll understand. I tore the annoying 'decorative' slit up the side, so every time I sit down it ripped a little bit more. Thank god for leggings! They're not an approved part of the uniform, but none of the teachers have complained yet! I think the extra-tight fit of the skirt is supposed to teach you to walk slow and sit with your legs together like a lady or something (all the rowdy middle-schoolers have regular, Catholic school style skirts). All I know is, most of the students are complaining because they can't sit at their desks properly, the teachers are complaining that the students way of countering this is to hike the skirts up to mini length, which offers them freedom of movement but is far from descent; and I'm complaining because I tried to take the stairs 2 at a time so I could get to the media lab before the doors closed, and ended up doing a sort of impromptu mini strip show all through the rest of classes. I have decided if I have to study for years to get a degree to get a job that DOESN'T require a uniform, it'll be worth every second.
I'm very tired right now. Tireder than usual, I mean. This might be due to the fact that I had to get up at 2 in the morning and spend 20 minutes with my hands in the toilet tank trying to fix the plunger-mechanism-thingy that holds the water in while the tank fills. Or it might be due to the fact that we lost power to the house again at about 8pm. All the houses to the left of ours had power. All the houses to the right had none, as far as the eye could see. It was sort of surreal. Since all the air-conditioners and lights run on power (obviously), everyone went to stand out in the street where it was cooler and wait for someone to come fix it. I walked down to the corner store with Juli to get candles (and than again, she forgot the matches). I hung out on the steps of the house next door playing with their one-year-old son, Angel. It was interesting. If you walk down our street in the daytime, there's usually only 1 maybe 2 people and a couple of dogs in sight. When the power went out and it was cooler outside, the street filled up. Turns out, there really are people behind those high stone walls, and they all know each other. Eventually, however, everyone got fed up with waiting and went inside. Which means I got to spend the rest of the night slowly boiling in the upstairs bedroom. The worst thing was, it was actually windy and pretty cold last night, but because the window in my room is actually a sort of deck-ish thing that's enclosed up to the waist in concrete. No air flow. I finally fell asleep around midnight, only to be awoken again at 1an as the power came back on. All that, and I had to get up at 6am to make it to school. I'll tell ya, I almost missed muster in the courtyard. It was a tough day. I only got homework handed in in 2 classes. In fact, I almost missed one entirely. Geography is actually something I find very interesting, but the gent who teaches it talks very fast, without hand gestures, and uses lots of technical words. On the other hand, I got distracted from the lesson while I was drawing an accurate map of our house, so at least cartography sneaked in somehow.
Now, if you will excuse me, I'm going to go finish watching a crappy duped copy of From Paris With Love on the desktop in my room. I was watching it on the flatscreen in the upstairs computer room, but Luis brought a friend over to plat Halo 3, and I didn't want to make him unplug everything and move it to the dinky TV in his room. To be fair, he offered to let me play to, but I declined. I'm sure that Halo is fun if you know how to play, but I haven't had time to teach myself yet, and watching Halo (face it, boys) is boring as hell.
Weirdly, my greatest wish in the whole wide world right now is to watch The Chronicles of Riddick all the way through. If anyone has a way to do that, let me know!!
Anyway, keep it together, and That's All, Folks!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.