0

Attack of the Minipost!

Posted by Miz B on Monday, August 16, 2010
Hi, y'all! Sorry for the gap, but as you devoted readers know, I've been in Veracruz City for the last 3 days. I'm back now, with much to say, but it's gone 10 so I would like to get to sleep. I need to get up before 8 tomorrow to get to the immigration office to finalize my visa (although I heard from Anouk it might not be that easy. She says she went last week and it all got delayed for some reason). Anyway, I digress. Talk more tomorrow! School got delayed until Wednesday. I was upset, but Anouk says her host mom said that even though her school starts this Monday, she's not going until next week. Anouk, as I may have mentioned, is from Germany, and was just as shocked that our parents wouldn't want us to start with the rest of the students, especially handicapped as we are. But apparently, school isn't quite as important here, at least socially. I find myself slightly relieved. Hard schoolwork on top of all this not-understanding-more-than-one-word-out-of-ten is very hard. Although I think I'm doing well. When I got here, it was one word out of 20. I still can't speak worth a damn, but I'll take what I can get. Stay tuned!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.