0

Condemned By The Space Pope

Posted by Miz B on Tuesday, August 24, 2010
I got to spend another 20 minutes with my hand down the back of the toilet today. On the other hand, it broke during the day so everyone got a chance to kick in. It got funnier and funnier as time went on. I was working on it when Dona Erica came in to ask a question, and she couldn't fix it so she called Petrona, who couldn't fix it, and she called Jose Luis. They were all trying to fit into my tiny little bathroom. Dona Erica ended up standing in the shower. Then I realized I knew what was wrong, but I couldn't get in to fix it. Than, somebody accidentally broke the tie that holds the plungery-thingy to its stick-thingy, so they had to all go downstairs to find a twisty-tie to hold it together. I probably could have fixed it with much less hassle given some more time, but it does work now, and it was very entertaining in the meantime. They also fixed the lights in my room, meaning I can see enough to read now. I wish whoever put it in had taken their shoes off. Now, there are dirty footprints on the bedspread, and that just got changed today! I would fix it myself, but I can't figure out where the clean sheets are kept, and I don't want to ask anyone because if I do they will come up and help me whether I like it or not. Usually, I wouldn't mind being waited on hand and foot, but it's starting to wear on me. I'm so used to handling everything myself, from groceries to laundry, that not having any say over things like what's for lunch and how my clothes are folded, that I've started to get little swells of glee every time I do something sneaky around the house and help out. I take my dishes to the sink and rinse them while everyone's arguing over something. I fix the broken toilet in the middle of the night. I throw out the rotten fruit from the hamper while everyone's napping.
I tell ya, folks, it's a strange world when I can get a thrill from washing my own underwear in the sink out back. I should write something about today's events, but my eyes are getting heavy and, let's face it, I have school at 6am tomorrow morning.
So, without further adieu (snigger), That's All, Folks!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.