2

60 Seconds (if you get the joke, you read this better than anyone else!)

Posted by Miz B on Wednesday, July 28, 2010
If you ask me, I'm really looking forward to leaving. I am 'psyched', as the kids are saying these days. My forward thinking brain is telling me "You are capable, excited, ready. Hundreds of kids do this every year, and they are not all as prepared as you. You can do this!
But it wasn't until about 25 minutes ago that I realized that that is only one part of my brain talking. My conscious brain. The one that tells me I need water and I'm forgetting to return those library books. The one that bossed me into trying all this crap in the first place. The one who's causing problems now is my subconscious brain. The one that flinches every time I see a needle. The one that has that irrational fear of anything cutting the inside of my arm. The one that caused that dream last night, were one of my best friends (who shall remain nameless) was suddenly 2 feet taller than me and she ran a weird cafe full of mismatched chairs and Chinese standing screens and cacti. One of the cafe patrons kept trying to kill me and when he eventually succeeded in poisoning my Amaretto, the last thing I saw was my friend, who shrugged and said, "That's life." I woke up and wasn't able to go back to sleep for 40 minutes.
God damn subconscious.
It's my subconscious mind that's responsible for me being perfectly happy, and yet half the time looking at things like that weird dark patch on the wall of the shower can make me break down in tears. The other half, I'm so irrationally angry I can do things like stomp past people who I really would like to sit down and eat a meal with without a word (sorry...I probably wouldn't have been much fun anyway).
2 hours ago, I was laughing at a joke so hard I almost peed. 10 minutes later I was crying harder than when I was not accepted into Uni (which is a lot. Although in retrospect, that was far and away the best way that could have happened. After all, look where I am now!).
I vote we amend the constitution to ban the subconscious. It's not that useful anyway.
I've finally hit the top of the roller coaster, and I can see the tops of the trees, so tiny and far away that I'm probably in space or something.
"The wusses would like to disembark now, please!"

2 Comments


WhOa! I think that dream goes deeper than the subconscious. Try the unconscious. And, good luck.


Oh, and you are not a wuss...just human. It's all good.

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.