0

0100100001101001

Posted by Miz B on Wednesday, July 28, 2010
It's so hot, I can't actually think of something. Anything at all. There are bits of my brain matter oozing out of my ears. Seriously. Here are the only semi-meaningful things I have written in the last day or so:

Artemis Fowl (Artemis Fowl, #1)Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


No, this book is not as well-written as The Hobbit, but I have rated it the same for a very simple reason: this was probably one of the best presents under $20 I have ever been given. It came out when I was just the right age and just the right mental area to be the best book ever. I enjoyed it so much that even now, now that I have sadly outgrown the reading bracket this book is intended for and I don't enjoy it anywhere near as much as I used to, I still go waltzing down to the bookstore on the day every sequel is released, pay a rediculous amount for the hardback, and read it in 4 hours with no end of glee. I treasure every Artemis Fowl book I have. They are only the second series, after my Harry Potter's, that have stayed with me in their hardback forms, out of my childhood, and, fate willing, will continue on with me until i can give them to my children.

A Civil Campaign (Vorkosigan Saga, #12)A Civil Campaign by Lois McMaster Bujold

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I've never read a Lois McMaster Bujold book that was not the single best thing to come out in it's genre in the year it was released. This book is the best of them all. That's all I should have to say.

Calvin and HobbesCalvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Calvin and Hobbes taught me how to read. People had been trying for years, but what taught me my letters and began my written vocabulary were those piles of Calvin and Hobbes anthologies on the back of my friends toilet.

The Beekeeper's Apprentice (Mary Russell, #1)The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Finally, a well-written, intelligent female character who is best friends with Sherlock Holmes. Thanks, Mrs. King, you have restored my faith in turn-of-the-century women.

View all my reviews >>

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.