0

WTF, America?

Posted by Miz B on Tuesday, January 18, 2011 in ,

I don't usually like to bring up politics or current events as much on this, because I am not at home so any misunderstandings can't be talked out. But this, this needs to be said:
Why haven't we heard about this?
This flooding started in JULY!! I asked around, no one around here has any idea what I'm talking about. Google it. You get 2 BBC articles and 1 New York Times piece that hasn't been updated since NOVEMBER.
This has displaced over 20 million people. The reported death toll is currently at over 1600 (and this is Pakistan. How well do you think this was documented?). I'll give you an example: Hurricane Katrina, the biggest natural disaster to hit the U.S. in almost forever, killed a grand total of 1836. New Orleans and the entire surrounding area's total population is around 1,360,436.
This is wrong.
I know the U.S. has barely enough money to take care of ourselves at the moment, but this should NOT be ignored like this. If a group of miners stuck down a hole can make worldwide headlines for weeks, why have we heard next to nothing about an ongoing event destroying the lives of millions and millions of people in an already tough part of the world which our government had an undeniable hand in dismantling?
Even if our government is not doing anything, this should not be ignored.


And I'll get off my soapbox. Have a good week!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.