1

Secreted By The Comedy Bee

Posted by Miz B on Thursday, September 09, 2010
This post might be more on the short side, since I´m typing it in mundo contemporaneo. Don´t look at me like that. Only half the class is paying attention anyway, and I'm at the back so I can't hear anything. Been a long, wierd day (and it's only 8:39am). I couldn't tell you why. I hit the one month mark today (expect more commentary on that in the second post I will type when I get home, thereby forcing me to write another post when I get home). I don't really know what to type about, now that I've started.
I get this feeling when I start trips (I don't know if this happens to anyone else). When I go somewhere new, I'll start the trip all excited, and then realize that in some sort of wierd, Delorean-esk way that in however much time I'll be looking back on the beginning of the trip from the end, thinking how much I had to look forward to back than, and wishing it wouldn't end. This was particularly strong when I went to Costa Rica over winter break at the beginning of the year, and it was spot on. One of my most burning desires is to return there, and I know the memories I fought so hard to create there will stay with me forever (or at least until I forget them). The reason I bring this up is a little complicated, so bear with me. I started this year exactly one month ago, and as I sat in the airplane that would take me to my new home (or at least to sit in the domestics terminal at Mexico City International Airport for about 8 hours), I thought to the future and wondered what sort of person I would be when I inevitably looked back on this day from so far in the future. How much would I remember of this day? Would I want to go back to it and start over, or would I be too excited about my future to wish for my past?
Oops, class is over.
To be continued...

1 Comments


Please some follow upon the visa situation.

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.