0

Do Not Fear!

Posted by Miz B on Friday, September 17, 2010
I'm sorry, but this is going to be another appallingly late post. We are having severe internet difficulties, and as it took 20 minutes of plugging in and unplugging the modem to get enough connection speed or whatever to make it to the blogger post page, I would like to hurry and post this before I lose it. There has been much excitement, and I will write a much bigger post about that tomorrow (internet permitting), but in the meantime I would like to assure all (or any) worried relatives that me, my town, my friends and my host family are all okay, and not really effected by all this. In fact, I was in mountainous Oaxaca for the last week, and didn't even find out the heavy rain we ha to drive through to get back home was anything more than normal rainy season weather until I got back home and heard the news. My family is a little worried about their house in Veracruz city since it's on the edge of town, but as it's currently unoccupied and has very little in the way of valuables on the bottom floor, they're okay to let it sit until the weather clears (or at least until the coastal flooding goes down). All but the mildest rains hit Coatza, and little to nothing made it as far as Mina. As far as we know, Lerdo, the town my brother lives in, was effected (but since it's mostly underwater anyway, no big whoop). In other news, Shakira, our only female dog, had her puppies! (And I just realized I forgot to mention she was pregnant). I guess they were born 2 days ago. There were 6, but 2 were stillborn. The other 4 are doing well. Expect pictures and more news sometime tomorrow, weather permitting. Thank you, and please send prayers to you're personal god for the people more heavily effected by Karl.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Piña Libre All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.